The Area Sales Manager is primarily responsible for the sales of growing media of Van der Knaap Group in Mexico and other countries, if necessary. You support our distributors and/or agencies in commercial and cultivation technical field. This means that you are responsible for all sales activities towards our customers in the designated area, including market explorations (desk research), setting up sales structures with (long-term) partners, active (support) in the acquisition, preparation of sales area plans. You translate this into concrete action plans. You maintain and strengthen the relationship and exchange of knowledge with both existing and new customers. Optimising partnership is our key success factor.
Our ideal candidate has
- a college level degree
- a minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position
- knowledge of professional horticulture (knowledge of potting soil and substrates is a plus)
- technical cultivation knowledge about fruit and vegetables
- the tenacity based on creativity, innovation and positivity
- a flexible and service mentality (hands-on), without losing sight of the core tasks
- the willingness to travel frequently
- the capability to be proactive and operates independently, while also being a team player
- good command of the Spanish & English language, spoken and written
Van der Knaap Group offers you a challenging, varied and independent function with good working conditions in a dynamic, growing organisation.